In the International R & D Manager role, you will further develop the vision of R&D within our strategy of Product Leadership. You are the owner of our R&D methodology, that you will continue to assess, improve and promote in our business. Next to this, you will lead a team of international process technologists and trainees. You will guide them in their assignments and coach them to reach the expected results. Moreover, you will have a functional reporting line to the technology departments in our different production countries (Belgium, Poland, Turkey, Romania, Czech Republic and Russia). A very close, even inclusive, co-operation with the international and local Marketing and NPD teams will be key for success.
You will also have the following responsibilities in our LLBG journey to be Product Leader :
- Extending our knowledge base by detecting the gaps in our knowledge, researching and completing the database using internal and external knowledge and resources. You transform this knowledge into consumable form: powerful presentations, onepagers, golden rules, trouble shooters, etc. And as a real LLBG Technology Academy ambassador, you stimulate our technologists, NPD teams and Production teams to use our database by promoting it internally.
- Managing more fundamental research projects: from detecting the needs in our business, creating business cases, making research plans to status reporting and execution. For this you closely collaborate with universities and internal/external experts.
- Managing our R&D Centers (Bread Competence Center in Erpe-Mere and Viennoiserie Competence Center in Czech Republic).
- Managing the administration of our knowledge database (eg index, chapters, references). In our e-learning system’s back-office, you organise user groups, levels, modules, etc.
- Promote a close and inclusive co-operation with marketing, NPD, production and quality
- Giving basic training to (new) employees (basic ingredients, recipes, process steps), in class theory as well as practical sessions.
- Promote and train new insights in the technology
- Finally, you are a real mentor for our Young Graduates Technology Trainees who will grow into experts or future managers.
In this role, you will report to the Group Technology Manager.
On short term :
Finalise the development of our key technological enablers: alternative ingredients and processes.
Develop and promote use of our knowledge platform (LLBG TECHNOLOGY Academy)
Mentorship of our Technology Traineeship
On long term :
Professionalise further our International R&D (central/local) to be faster, more agile and more efficient
Scientific Master/Phd (eg bio-engineer, food technology)
At least 10 years of food experience, with a solid background in R&D methodology
Strong interest in working in the bakery industry
Good people management skills
Prepared to travel on a regular basis (50%)
Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written)
In the Group R&D Manager role, you will have real impact on the assurance and continuous improvement of the production and technology expertise within LLBG and you will play a crucial part in the successful growth of the company, in terms of process/product types as well as size (new lines/new markets), and in reaching our goal to be Product Leader.
Furthermore through your role as mentor of our trainees you will keep building our LLBG experts and managers for the future. This is highly recognized in our organsation and it will give you a lot satisfaction, recognition and respect.
In addition, there is room for personal growth in this role and concrete career development opportunities.