LLBG wants to be product leader. A solid base of high, sustainable product quality at an affordable cost - and a fast, successful implementation of novelties and NPD’s are key elements.
The group technologist ingredients will support the Group technology leaders, production sites, NPD department, procurement in various improvement projects and initiatives.
He/she will build and share the knowledge base of Ingredients in the organization to be successful as product leader.
To achieve and maintain a high and sustainable product quality at an affordable cost the following deliverables will be required :
- Solid specification of the main ingredients based on the input of the group technology leaders.
- Screening and validation of the technological capabilities of the suppliers, in close relation with quality, procurement, country organizations
- Screening and validation of new ingredients from a technological point of view in close relation with NPD, quality and procurement
- Screening and validation of processes to handle ingredients in close cooperation with technology, production and engineering
- Creating internal processes to handle/prepare ingredients in close relation with quality and production
- Participation in product quality improvement projects initiated by group technology leaders or sites
- Setting up necessary and applicable QC methods for ingredients in close relation with quality departmentParticipation in procurement saving projects and tenders (as validation of suppliers and ingredients from technological point of view) led by procurement and in close relation with product technologists, quality and production
- Participation in harmonization, optimization and complexity reduction projects in the field of ingredients
To achieve a fast, successful implementation of novelties and NPD’s the following deliverables will be required :
- Following closely the market in the basic range of ingredients (flour, salt, sugar, margarine, butter) – check capabilities of suppliers for novelties, new applications, declaration friendly alternatives
- Following closely the market in the processes to handle ingredients (storage, transport, dosing, strewing, liquefying, …) – check the proposals of suppliers for novelties and investements
- Validating novelties and ideas wrt applicability in our processes/products
To build and share the knowledge base of Ingredients in the organization the follow deliverables will be required :
Capture, document and train all relevant characteristics of the basic range of ingredients in close relation with group technology leaders
Capture, document and train all relevant characteristics of the processes to handle the ingredients, wherever required.
Best practice capturing (internal/external), documenting and training.
You have a university working and thinking level and a master degree in food-engineering
An experience in the field of baking for a period of at least 5 years.
- You have a deep understanding of bakery ingredients
- Demonstrate hands on experience in this field
- Demonstrate deep understanding of market (producers)
- You are continuously scanning for new materials, processes and methods and are searching for best practices
The art of excellent experience is to implement it at practical level, therefore is required:
- Drive and personality to build relationships with all external stakeholders involved (production , NPD, Procurement, suppliers)
- Capability to create commitment to implement best practices
- Excellent project management and reporting skills
- Good communicator
- Fluent in English
Willingness and ability to travel in Europe (indication: 40-60% of the time)