LA LORRAINE BAKERY GROUP (www.llbg.com) is a fully owned Belgian family business active in the milling and baking industry. The company stands for entrepreneurship, innovation, strategy, determination, internationalization and corporate responsibility. The Group achieves a turnover of around €900 million and employs more than 4,000 dedicated staff.
Over the last 15 years, La Lorraine Bakery Group has grown by 10% year-on-year on average. The organization operates from 12 production sites in Belgium, Poland, the Czech Republic, Romania and Turkey and exports to over 25 countries using its own sales subsidiaries. The organization has four business units: Bakery Fresh delivers fresh bread and pastries to over 1,000 supermarkets daily. The Bakery Frozen division offers a wide range of high-quality and innovative bake-off bakery products tailor-made for professional customers. Bakery Store Concepts, which you undoubtedly will know from the Panos and Deliway brands. The Milling division, better known as Paniflower, is one of the largest flour producers in Belgium and specialized in the milling of wheat and rye.
To support its further international growth and pursuit of product leadership, La Lorraine Bakery Group has created a vacancy:
As a Group Fire Risk Manager you are accountable for:
- Set up and Implement Fire Risk Management system for the sites in BU Frozen
- Coach and support the local Fire Risk Engineers in this implementation
- Main contact with the specialist from insurances in this matter
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include the following:
- Define the Fire Risk Management system for La Lorraine Bakery Group
- Implement the Fire Risk Management system in the sites of BU Frozen (in Belgium, Czech Republic, Poland, Romania, Turkeye and others)
- Manage the Roles and Responsibilities for Fire Risk in La Lorraine Bakery Group
- Ensure internal compliancy of process: internal checks and GAP analyses through on the floor Assessments and the construction of the Fire Improvement Actions Plans in all sites
- Coach the HSE Managers and Fire Risk Engineers in order to bring them to a higher maturity level.
- Set up a structure of KPI (Key Performance Indicators) in order to manage and evaluate the risk and performance.
- Follow up the technical evolutions in Fire Risk
- Organize and stimulate (internal & external) benchmarking exercises in order to measure the maturity levels and to set targets to improve
You will report to the Group Director Technical Service & HSE
- You have a master in a technical area;
- You have gathered theoretical and practical in depth knowledge on the risk of Fire and on the mitigation actions
- You combine a well-developed analytical and conceptual approach which you can translate well on the shop floor;
- You are a professional leader, proven to be able to build and share processes in the domain of risk management and very strong in coaching local site teams;
- You have affinity with production operations : technical service, safety, quality, maintenance, reliability
- You have good communication and training skills
- Planning and showing accuracy is what you like and do good
- Next to your good knowledge of the technical elements, you have a pragmatic, no-nonsense and entrepreneurial personality;
- You are solution-oriented but can also think on a tactical and strategic level;
- You are flexible, dynamic, decisive, driven and you offer a high level of service;
- You know how to express yourself fluently in English (both written and spoken); Additional knowledge of other languages is a plus;
- You are prepared to spend 30% of your time travelling to the international manufacturing sites in the Czech Republic, Poland, Romania, Turkey, etc. The rest of the time you will work from one of the La Lorraine production sites.
- La Lorraine Bakery Group offers you a fascinating and varied role with growth opportunities and the chance to focus on developing areas co-defined;
- La Lorraine Bakery Group is a dynamic, growing organisation returning excellent growth figures year-on-year;
- You will join a growing and financially stable company, where innovation is key and entrepreneurship is valued;
- Above all, we offer an attractive salary supplemented by a range of extra-legal benefits.